Monday, February 4, 2008

A Week of Highs and Lows!

The title of this blog pretty much sums up our last week!

In the job arena, we have good news to report! Duane has secured a new job, which he will begin March 1. He will actually be working for his graduate research advisor again, which will be nice. The project he will be working on is really taking off, so we are hopeful that this position will be fruitful for Duane professionally. Needless to say we are all relieved that things worked out and we aren't going to be forced to face unemployment at this time!

As for me, things are progressing as well. While I have not heard anything back from my Elon interview, I am happy to report that I just got off of another phone interview with the CRO in Durham that I mentioned in the previous blog. I feel better about this interview than the Elon interview, so I am hopeful that I will be recommended for an on-site interview with this company. I am not sure how long it will take for me to hear something back from the Human Resources department, but they have been pretty quick to respond thus far, so I am hoping that I will hear something in a few days as to whether or not I made the cut for this round of the interview process. We'll keep our fingers crossed!

Now on to the "bad" news. Last week a nasty stomach virus appeared at Sarah's daycare, and we were convinced that she had somehow avoided it. Well, we were wrong! Friday night she got sick and so we were up a good portion of the night dealing with that. This is the first time Sarah has ever thrown up, so we were not accustomed to dealing with this type of sickness. Sarah was terrified, and we were all exhausted, but she is finally starting to feel better. She was puny for most of the weekend, and she is still eating a pretty bland diet, so we kept her home from daycare today just as a precaution. We'll be back on schedule tomorrow, barring any setbacks today. We are keeping our fingers crossed that neither Duane nor I end up sick later in the week...we are both feeling not so great at the moment, but hopefully it will not get any worse than it is now.

In other news, yesterday was a sad day in our house! The Wake Forest basketball team lost their game against NC State in the final second of the game, and then the Patriots went on to lose the Super Bowl in the final minutes of that game! So it was not a good day of sports for Duane!

So these are the highlights from our last week. As usual, we will continue to keep you posted on the job search for me and on Sarah's latest and greatest accomplishments and anecdotes. Hope you all have a good week!

0 comments: