Monday, February 18, 2008

A BUSY WEEK!!!

The past week was pretty busy around here!

We spent a couple of evenings getting things ready for Sarah's Valentine's Day party on Thursday. We made Valentines for all her classmates, and we also had to take in a snack to share with the class. Sarah gave everyone Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Valentines, and we took lemon poundcake slices for the party. When I picked her up that afternoon and asked how the party was, her teacher responded by telling me that "Sarah really likes peaches." Apparantly, all the other kids were begging for the sweet treats, and all Sarah wanted was fruit and crackers. So she ate everyone else's healthy snacks, and they all ate her sweets! Sarah has not yet developed the sweet tooth that I have, so I am thankful for that...hopefully it will last! We don't really keep sweets or other junk food in the house, so I guess we haven't really exposed her to those tastes too much.

Our Valentine's Day was nice too. I got a beautiful pair of diamond earrings from Duane, and he even cooked a nice dinner for us Thursday night after Sarah went to bed! Saturday we went to a party at another couple's house. There were 5 couples there, 4 couples with kids and the 5th couple with a baby boy due in about 8 weeks. So it was a lot of fun! The kids played together, the moms all chatted downstairs and the dads all chatted and played air hockey upstairs. Chae and Billy prepared a fantastic meal for all of us, and we even all got Valentine party favors when we were leaving.
Jacob, Kenzie, Sarah and Noah eating dinner together!

Sunday my friend Christy came shopping with me to assist me in picking out a new suit for my interview this week. We had good success, so I feel like I will at least look nice on Friday if nothing else!

Today the daycare was closed for President's Day, so Christy, Heather and I took the kids to the Children's Museum to play this morning. They had a blast and really wore themselves out! We ate a quick lunch together, then took the kids home for their naps. Poor Sarah was exhausted from all that playing...she napped for almost 3 hours! We all went to the playgroud for the afternoon. Sarah had fun swinging while Noah and Hayden played tee-ball! So after this day full of excitement, Sarah is really tired and is almost ready for bed now at 7:00! I have to admit, it WAS a busy and action-packed day, so I am a bit tired myself! I actually have to head off to a Junior League meeting at 8:00 tonight though, so I can't be too tired yet!




Sarah shopped for oranges in the Food Lion at the Children's Museum.


Sarah enjoyed playing with these rubber ducks in the alphabet section at the museum.




Rocking the babies in the nursery section at the museum

As for Sarah's latest accomplishments, she learned how to say "shoes" last week, and it is now clearly understandable when she says "juice." She has also been practicing the motions to "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes." She starts at the head, sometimes touches something on the way down, and always ends up at the toes. She LOVES that song, and gets all excited whenever she hears it on her Baby da Vinci video. She is also becoming less dependent on her pacifier. She definitely only gets it at bed time and nap time, so we are hoping to try and take it away completely over the long Easter weekend. We'll see how things go between now and then.

I have my interview on Friday, so I am busy trying to get ready for that. Next week is Duane's last week in his current lab before he transfers over to his new lab at the beginning of March. Otherwise, our work situations are about the same.

We are looking forward to a visit from Mimi and Papa Bagwell this weekend. I think Duane and I will try to do something fun on Saturday since Mimi and Papa have offered to watch Sarah for us that day! Maybe we will at least be able to get out for a few hours to catch a movie or something.

We'll update again at some point next weekend. I'll likely have some interesting tidbits to share after my interview, and I am sure there will be lots to share after Sarah has another busy and action-packed weekend!

0 comments: