Monday, October 22, 2007

Meet the Lehtinens



So, we finally decided to create a family blog, mostly so people can be updated on the "latest and greatest in the life of Sarah." Clearly, we are slack in this area, as she is already a year old. But better late than never, right?

Since her birthday a few weeks ago, Sarah has started trying to walk. She has great balance now, and can take quite a number of steps before she realizes that crawling can get her to her final destination much quicker! She is also working on her vocabulary. She has been able to say "mama", "dada", and "uh-oh" for quite a while now. Over the weekend, she learned how to say "thank you," and she says words that resemble "Hi", "Bye-Bye", "cat", and "dog."

We are working with her on transitioning from a bottle to a sippy cup, but that is not going well at all. She has always been great at drinking juice and water from a cup, but now that we are trying to get her to drink her milk from a cup, she wants nothing to do with it. So that has been a bit frustrating.

Healthwise, Sarah is doing great. It has been about 6 weeks since her surgeries for her ear tubes and her tear duct probings, and everything is going well now after our somewhat rocky start the first week with her eyes. Thankfully, her eyes look great now and are tearing properly, and the ear tubes have been such a blessing. It has been wonderful to not have to go to the pediatrician every 2 weeks for antibiotics for ear infections!

The rest of this week will be interesting for all of us! I leave tomorrow for San Diego with work until Saturday. So this means that Duane will be a single dad for the rest of the week. I am confident that Sarah will be a good girl for her daddy! This will be the longest I have been away from Sarah since she was born, so I know this will be a hard time for me...especially since I have to miss her first Halloween carnival at her daycare!

Here is the most recent family photo I have...it's from Sarah's birthday a few weeks ago! More updates to come once I return from the left coast!






0 comments: