Friday, May 6, 2011

I'm Baaaaack...

I have a feeling no one even noticed I was gone, but I have decided to re-enter the world of blogging. I make no promises regarding the frequency of subsequent posts, and I offer no excuses for the lack of posts for the past 1 and 1/2 years. Life is just busy. That's all there is to it.

So here's a recap of the highlights of the past 1 and 1/2 years of our lives (in random order):



  • Our first Disney family vacation in April 2010. It was fantastic! Sarah loved it, and is already begging to go again.

  • Job promotion for Allison.

  • Duane's small company was acquired by Bayer CropSciences. Since then, he has had multiple job promotions.

  • Home improvements included: installation of a fence in our backyard, construction of a concrete patio and walkway, plantation shutters for all windows, hired an interior designer to help us with our living room and have ALMOST completed the implementation of that design plan, painted several rooms, and purchased several pieces of furniture for various rooms.

  • Sarah started ballet lessons in August 2010.

  • Trip to Colorado over the long Labor Day weekend in 2010 to visit Allison's college roomie, Mollie, and her family. Sarah stayed behind with the grandparents, so it was a nice adult trip.

  • Sarah's 4th Birthday in September 2010.

  • Surgery in March 2011 for Sarah. She had to have her ear tubes removed since they did not fall out on their own.

  • Sarah's milestones included: writing her alphabet, drawing all basic shapes, counting to 100, writing her numbers, writing her first and last name, learning her address, learning how to spell and recognize some basic words, recognizing letter sounds, simple addition and subtraction, riding a bicycle (with training wheels), and advancing in her swimming skills.

Those are the major events that come to mind, though I am sure there are more that I am forgetting. Guess that's what happens when you take such a long hiatus from blogging.


This weekend we are headed to South Carolina to visit my family. It is our nephew Griffen's 1st birthday celebration! Happy birthday, buddy! (Guess I also forgot to mention that my brother and his wife welcomed their first baby in May 2010.)


Hope you all have a great weekend! Spring is upon us, so enjoy the weather!


0 comments: