A few funny things from Sarah lately:
1- We are working on potty training, and it's not going so well. She won't stay on the potty for more than 5 seconds. She wants to wear a pull-up even though she doesn't really have any desire to actually start using the potty. Tonight, she was sitting on her potty, and she kept jumping up and saying "There's a tiger in there!!!" Not sure where that came from, but convincing her that there is no tiger in the toilet has become our new challenge.
2- Sarah LOVES to sing! She has mastered her ABCs, "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star," "Row Row Row Your Boat," and a few others. I have been working with her on some of the simple preschool church songs like "Jesus Loves Me." So now, at night when we sing songs before bed, she says, "Sing Jeezy mommy, sing Jeezy." I'm sure Jesus would be thrilled to know that he is interchangeable with a rapper!
She's also still hung up on the Christmas songs. According to her, the lyrics to "Jingle Bells" go something like this:
"Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle all the way. Oh a farmer..."
She just sings that over and over. The song ends after "farmer" and we start all over again. We're hoping that the Valentine's Day unit will begin soon at her preschool so that we can get her mind off of Christmas...she has a LONG time to wait for Santa to come again!
3- Otherwise, she has just become very assertive and opinionated. When we ask her to do something, she will hold up a hand and say, "Wait a minute, wait just a minute." Then, a few minutes later, she will say, "Okay, I ready." A variation of this is when we tell her it is time to wind down and get ready for bed. She'll stop in her tracks and say, "Five more minutes!" in an effort to bargain with us and postpone the inevitable.
I'm sure there are plenty of other funny stories that I am just forgetting about as I type this. In the meantime, I will close with a video of Sarah's rendition of one verse of the "Baby Bumble-bee" song, followed by some other tunes you may or may not recognize! ENJOY!
(Technical difficulties with the video uploading...I'll try again later.)
Krewson Lee at 14 Years Old
1 year ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment