We have been busy, busy around here trying to get our ducks in a row for the big move! We had a few minor repairs to finish up that were pointed out as part of the inspection. Thankfully, Grammy and Paka Lehtinen came to visit last weekend and Paka was able to help Duane get the repairs done. Between that and Papa Bagwell's electrical help the weekend before, I think we have all of the repairs marked off of our list!
Yesterday was Duane's last day of work at Wake Forest after 11 years of school and employment there! It was also Sarah's last day of school at New Horizons, which as I continue to say, has been very difficult for me. Today Duane and Sarah will be heading up to Cary so Sarah can visit her new preschool for a few hours and meet her teachers and classmates before starting officially next Monday. Hopefully her visit will go well and she will adjust fairly easily to her new routine. Barring any work-related conflicts, I am hoping to meet them at the preschool for a portion of her visit so I can check things out myself before Monday. You all know me...I like to at least feel like I am in control of things even if I really am not!
This weekend we will be moving to our new temporary home in Cary. We are renting a townhouse that is close to Sarah's new preschool and close to the interstate for our 15 minute commute into work each morning. Although our official moving date is not until July 31 (that's when the moving company will be bringing all of our stuff from Winston-Salem to Cary), we will begin staying at our new place this weekend so that we don't have to all endure the Lehtinen Family Commute each day for the next 2 weeks! We will be bringing minimal things just to get ourselves through the next few weeks: clothes, kitchen supplies, bathroom supplies, toys for Sarah, her crib mattress and our inflatable air mattress. Oh, and of course we will be bringing Mr. Winston! Hopefully Sarah will cope well with sleeping on a mattress on the floor as opposed to being confined in a crib...if all goes well, we may transition her to her toddler bed when all of the furniture gets moved to Cary. We'll keep you posted!
Guess those are our updates in a nutshell. I will make an effort to post sometime next week and let you know how we are all adjusting to life in Cary! Hope everyone has a nice weekend!
Krewson Lee at 14 Years Old
1 year ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment