Well, we have had some very busy weeks and weekends lately. To summarize briefly...
The weekend after Mother's Day, we attended Noah's 2nd birthday party at the Children's Museum and we also attended Megan's graduation celebration. Both parties were such fun, but they certainly made Sarah tired!
We spent Memorial Day weekend mostly in Anderson visiting Mimi and Papa Bagwell and Uncle Jimmy and Aunt Marisa. Sarah enjoyed walking around downtown Greenville, especially the Reedy River Falls Park. She was fascinated by the children's fountain area, so we spent a bit of time there. We also went to the Greenville Drive baseball game. It was our first time visiting the new baseball park, so we all really had a nice time. Duane and my dad were able to enjoy watching the game while my mom and I chased Sarah around inside the children's playgroud that is inside the ballpark. After the game, Sarah enjoyed a HUGE milkshake that Papa bought her, which she continued to slurp on for the entire car ride home! We returned home late Sunday evening so that we could get some household chores done on Monday before heading back to work on Tuesday. Later Monday evening, we enjoyed a cookout with several friends. The kids all enjoyed playing in their little swimming pools and playing on Noah's new swingset!
Yesterday it was back to the usual routine with work and daycare. I am really starting to wind down at Wake Forest, which is kind of a weird feeling. I don't have much to do now, so it makes for some long days at work. I need to start cleaning out my desk soon...I certainly accumulated a lot of stuff in 8 years time!
As for Duane's job situation, he has 2 upcoming interviews. One is tomorrow, and the other is next Tuesday. So we are hopeful that something good will come out of these two interviews! Next Wednesday I am taking the day to drive up to the Durham area to visit several daycares...hopefully we will be able to get Sarah into one of our top choices in the area without going completely broke (daycare costs A LOT more up there than it does here in Winston-Salem)!
We haven't had any activity as far as selling the house goes, but we have an open house scheduled for this coming Sunday, so we are hoping to at least get some activity through here and see what people think. This weekend is also my farewell party for work. My boss is hosting everyone at his house for dinner, which is awfully nice of him. So we have another busy weekend ahead!
I am home sick with the stomach flu today, which has NOT been fun. I am looking forward to feeling better soon...I HATE being sick. We'll try to update soon and let you all know how Duane's interviews work out...keep your fingers crossed for all of us!
Krewson Lee at 14 Years Old
1 year ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment