Saturday, April 19, 2008

Recent Updates

We've had a busy couple of weeks around here!

I formally accepted the job at Cato Research, Ltd., in Durham, which is a great opportunity for me and our family, but it has complicated our lives considerably. I have quite a bit of work that needs to be finished up at Wake Forest before I begin the new job, so Cato was kind enough to offer to push my start date back by a whole month. So my new official start date is Monday, June 16th.

The past couple of weeks we have been busy at home trying to get the house ready to sell. Last weekend, Mimi and Papa Bagwell came up for a visit, and we put them to work! With their help, we were able to get a lot done. We got some new plants for the beds in our front yard and the planters on the front of the house, we dug up a tree that was diseased and laid some sod in its place, we rearranged the living room furniture and got rid of one of our sofas, we rearranged Sarah's bedroom, and we made a few purchases to decorate things a bit more. This weekend, we had planned to begin painting the back porch railing, but our plans have been foiled once again by the threat of storms later this afternoon...I think it has rained for the past 4 weekends! At any rate, all we really have left to accomplish is the porch painting and spreading some fresh mulch, and we will have the house ready to sell! We are planning to meet with several realtors over the next few weeks before we officially list our house.

As for Sarah, she continues to do great! We THINK she is almost over her separation anxiety issues. This week we had 3 good days of drop-off at daycare, so we have our fingers crossed that we have overcome that obstacle. She continues to amaze us with her vocabulary, which expands by several words each day it seems. She is learning to count to 3 (her favorite number is two), and she is beginning to learn some of her colors (blue, yellow and purple). She still LOVES doing her puzzles, reading books., and playing with her Little People figures..those are her favorite indoor activities. She has been requesting to watch her "movies" less and less, which does not disappoint either of us since we have almost every one of her videos memorized! Since the weather has gotten warmer, Sarah's favorite activity is playing outside. She plays outside quite a bit at daycare, and she loves to walk around our yard and play in her sandbox when we are at home. In fact, she throws a tantrum when we tell her that it is time to go inside! The tantrums are quite loud and dramatic (she is definitely a drama queen), and can get on our nerves, but we are certainly thankful that she enjoys the outdoors and exercise! In other news, we don't think it will be too much longer before Sarah is ready to begin potty training. She is beginning to let us know when she has a wet or dirty diaper and she is showing some interest in the toilet. Of course, this could just be a phase...we'll wait and see.

Guess those are all of our updates. For the rest of this weekend, we will be trying to make some more progress on sorting through things and reorganizing inside the house. Next week I will be busy all week with the annual Junior League of Winston-Salem rummage sale. While this week is always fun, it is also very hectic and tiring for me since I am there every evening after work until 10:00! So I am sure I will be pooped by next weekend...we'll see how much I am able to get done around the house next weekend!

Hope you all enjoy the rest of the weekend and have a great week next week. We'll keep you posted!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.