So last week was just another typical week for us. Work was work. It was Duane's last week before transitioning to his new lab, so he was basically cleaning out his desk and meeting with his boss one last time before being done. As for me, I had my typical work frustrations, but I won't elaborate on that. I never heard back from my interview at the CRO in Durham, so yesterday I contacted them. Turns out, they decided to interview more candidates (not sure why this was surprising to me), so I should get an update by the end of this week or the beginning of next week. We'll see...I'll keep you posted!
Last week was good for Sarah as well. As I have been saying lately, her vocabulary is just exploding, so it has been a lot of fun listening to what new words and sounds she discovers each day. It is getting too difficult to remember all the words she learns each week so that I can pass that news along to all of you. So I'll have to start just hitting the highlights. Last week, Sarah started telling us when she wanted us to sit down with her on the floor. It is really quite amusing. She'll go over to the floor, squat down and tap the floor while she is saying "Sit" over and over. That is our cue that we need to stop what we are doing and go sit down because she is ready to play! She has also learned to say "No" which makes life a little more interesting now. And she has learned to say "more" when she wants more to eat, drink, etc. So she is definitely learning how to communicate her feelings and desires with us!
The weekend was a mixed bag of emotions - fun, celebratory and sad. On Saturday we met up with several other couples and their kids for breakfast at the new IHOP in Clemmons...oh, the excitement in our lives! After that, we all headed to the Children's Museum so the kids could play. They had a blast! Sarah remembered where all her favorite spots were, and she was not nearly as reserved and timid as she was the last time we were there. They all played until they were exhausted...Sarah fell asleep in the car before we even got out of the parking lot! Saturday evening we headed over to some other friends' house for Tim's surprise 30th birthday party. Sarah did pretty good in a house full of strangers, so we were proud of her for that. She has been going through a bit of a clingy stage, which we are told is due to separation anxiety that typically occurs between 16 and 19 months of age. Sunday morning we received the sad news that Duane's childhood friend, Jon Brown, had passed away. He had been battling leukemia for about 18 months, and the doctors decided back in November that there was nothing else they could do for him. So he went home to spend the rest of his time with his wife and baby daughter and other family and friends. It was sad news to hear, especially when something like this happens to someone so young. This was his second battle with leukemia...he first got sick when he was in college but was able to get a bone marrow transplant at that time and was able to recover. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family, especially his wife and his daughter.
In other news, Sarah is sick again with another cold. She started feeling puny on Sunday, and she developed a fever, so I have been home with her yesterday and today trying to nurse her back to health. She seems to be feeling much better today, and so far no fever today, so we are keeping our fingers crossed that she is able to get some good rest and recover today so that she and I can both go back to our normal schedules tomorrow.
The rest of the week should be typical for us. This weekend Mimi and Papa Bagwell are coming back to see us! Duane and I are going to the last Wake Forest basketball game of the season, so they are going to watch Sarah while we go enjoy the game. Otherwise, nothing exciting is planned. I'll update again next weekend, as usual. Enjoy the rest of the week!
Krewson Lee at 14 Years Old
1 year ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment